Shubhangi Khasnis – Disah Psychologocal Counselling Center Pune
Ms. SHUBHANGI KHASNIS
(Founder Director,Counselor,Psychotherapist & international Dance Movement Therapist)
• B.Sc( Botany), MSW( Master of Social Work) in Medical & Psychiatry
• Post Graduate diploma in Psychological Counseling at Maharashtra Institute of Mental Health, Sasoon Hospital, Pune(MIMH).
• In service training in Rehabilitation of Schizophrenics in Therapeutic community in Richmond Fellowship Society (I), Bangalore.
Expert in various psychotherapies such as RATIONAL- EMOTIVE – BEHAVIOR- THERAPY(REBT), COGNITIVE –THERAPY(CT), PERSON- CENTERED- THERAPY(CCT), BEHAVIOUR –THERAPY(BT), COGNITIVE-BEHAVIOR-THERAPY(CBT), GRIEF- THERAPY, MARITAL THERAPY, PRE MARITAL THERAPY, GROUP –THERAPY, FAMILY –THERAPY, SUPPORTIVE –THERAPIES like ART THERAPY, DANCE THERAPY, MUSIC THERAPY, DRAMA THERAPY.
Specialized area of counseling-
- Child counseling
- Child and parental counseling
- Parent counseling
- Adolescence counseling
- Counseling with Teenagers
- Career counseling
- Pre-marital counseling
- Marriage counseling(couple counseling)
- Divorce counseling
- Counseling to Housewives
- Family counseling
- Psychiatric disorders such as Depression , Anxiety disorders, obsessive – compulsive disorders, Psychosomatic disorders, Schizophrenic patients, Phobic disorders etc.
- Sex education with marital, pre-marital clients
- Depression counseling
- Suicidal Counseling
- Counseling to suicidal patients
- Stress counseling
- Counseling to Anxiety related problems
- Counseling to HIV/AIDS
- Counseling to HIV/AIDS related problems
- Counseling to Old –age clients
- Counseling to Menopausal females
- Counseling to Alcoholics
- Counseling on Sexual problems
- Counseling on Financial problems
CAREER TRACK :
• Worked as trainee counselor in Earthquake area ( Killari) in Grief counseling under ICMR project through MIMH, Pune.
• Worked as Project officer in UNICEF project for detection and rehabilitation of Mentally Retarded children in Kolhapur.
• Worked as a counselor with Schizophrenics patients in Half-Way home in RFS(Richmond fellowship society), Bangalore.
• Worked as a counselor and research assistant in detection of HIV/AIDS patients and counseling (Tata Thelma project) in KEM Hospital Research centre, Pune.
• Started own DISHA PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELLING CENTRE, Kothrud, Pune with certain aims and objectives 20 yrs ago.
• Recently published own Marathi book titled “HE VAYACH VEDA ASATA! Arthat SWA-PRATIMA” by Mehata publishing house. It is for adolescent counseling for boys and girls. Also for their parents and teachers and counselors.
• Wrote articles in Sakal newspaper under Maitrin page regularly titled SWATALA SHODHATANA… for one year in 2010.
• Wrote series on ‘ Parenting’ under title ‘ Artha Natyancha’ in Saptahik Sakal (weekly Marathi magazine)
Writing various Marathi articles in Maharashtra Times, Sakal, Saptahik Sakal, Janpravah, Srujan Chikitsa, Tanishka etc.