(SELF DISCOVERY THERAPY AND RATIONALL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOR THERAPY)
(TOTAL 12 DAYS) Only Saturday & Sunday
TIME : 12 PM to 6PM FEES: 12500/- ( including snacks & tea)
SELF: In our busy life we always think of others and act accordingly and never think of self from discovery point of view. We always try to handle the situations and crisis as per our experience but we don’t come out of it fully and satisfactorily. We blame others in given situation because we always hope that others will change and I will be happy. But it never happens and we blame our fate finally. The reason behind it is we are always confused about our goals of life. We focus on these points prominently in our self awareness program to give insights how to focus on self and discover from various angles. We provoke the delegates to think about how ‘I am responsible for everything that happens around.’ We aim to conduct the program in a practical sense to realize how we should work upon our SELF.
SELF-DISCOVERY THERAPY(SDT) & RATIONAL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOUR THERAPY (REBT)is a theme which focuses on rational thinking and emotional balancing of human mind. We at every stage of life hope that we must think rationally to become a successful person and for that success we need to be a balance person to handle every situation which is unexpected and many times create crises. SDT &REBT teaches us to get awareness of SELF as well as others. It is a process to discover our mind parameters, components as well as structure. REBT was invented by Albert Ellis. This therapy works on Emotional management by rational thinking. To make change on thinking level different techniques has given by this therapy.
Today everyone, from a school going kid to a senior citizen, experiences mental stress, grief and restlessness. While facing the day to day routine, one often has to face many such events, incidents that disturb and affect the mental health of an individual. Sometimes, this restlessness reaches to such an extreme, that one feels no passion for survival and is inclined to end up his / her life. Everyone in life wants happiness. Everyone tries his / her best to be happy. But is it possible to make life happy, contented and full of peace? If anyone answers “YES” to this question, then we would certainly be very happy. May be we do not agree, because no one in life is happy is what we strongly believe!
Albert Ellis, an expert psychologist has developed a discretion biased treatment named Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy named as REBT. Even the commonest of the common people have certain thoughts, beliefs and understandings about the way of living. If these thoughts / beliefs are reckless then the individual can certainly be happy. But if these thoughts are imprudent, then he is most likely to invite grief, problems and consequently mental stress. Using REBT as a media Ellis put forth, in front of the people, the concept of how to develop thoughtful thoughts and emotions. A balanced combination of thoughts, emotions and behaviour is called as REBT. This psychological treatment / therapy can be applied in two different types:
1) To eliminate problems that have resulted as a consequence of emotional restlessness and
2) Though not related to specific problems, to know about of our own personality, be aware of the hidden skills in ourselves and to achieve overall progress.
This means, whenever we are hurt or insulted either by any incidence, or by our nearest or farthest ones, we are surrounded by negative feelings like anger, grief, irritation, shame, guilt, depression, disgust etc. For example in a husband-wife relationship, if the husband ignores his wife, insults her in presence of other family members, or consistently points to her mistakes, the wife experiences negative emotions. If this occurs frequently, the wife develops a inferiority complex or hatred and she blames her husband for it. But, it possible to reduces one’s emotional restlessness by REBT. Consistency in criticizing of the husband, instead of resulting in the complex or anger provides discretional thoughts and an attitude to look at the entire situation in an unbiased manner.
REBT is a self-help therapy. Every time, whenever we need to take a decision or face a problem, REBT helps us as a well-wisher. It is an effective medium that makes understand one completely, how am I and takes you a step ahead towards self-development. Every individual is different; hence his attitude to look at any event may be different. If this attitude is unbiased, and covers all the risk factors, the capacity to face any problematic situation increases. The study of REBT gives us this approach.
REBT teaches us to explore our horizons. It teaches to accept me the way I am. It teaches to look at any situation by placing myself at the centre. If I am happy, I can keep my family, friends and society happy.
In fact, man is defined as “an animal capable of thinking logically”. However, in practice, an individual totally rejects the logical facts and his life is being untrue and false day by day.
In REBT, one is told about the illogical thoughts that cause emotional restlessness. One can certainly conclude that if he /she is restless, some illogical thought is bothering him / her. REBT explores the technique of transforming these illogical thoughts to logical thoughts. REBT is a boon for all those who have lost their chasm of life, due to restlessness. Every individual who grasps, accepts and adapts this technique of logical behaviour, experiences true happiness and mental comfort.
SELF-DISCOVERY THERAPY(SDT) & RATIONAL EMOTIVE BEHAVIOUR THERAPY (REBT) includes :-
MEDIUM OF LANGUAGE : MARATHI mixed ENGLISH
- CONCEPT OF SELF
- WHO AM I?
- What is your identity?
- What is your existence?
- What is your genetic background?
- WHAT AM I?
- My Properties / Characteristics / Components / Parts
- WHERE AM I?
- SWOT Analysis
- Block (from the past)
- Inhibitions (from the society)
- Reservations (within yourself)
- HOW AM I?
- Real self & Ideal self
- Five Fundamental Things:
- Being : State of ‘Being’
- Having : materialistic people. Haves always suffer from underlined Frustration.
- Knowing : Just collect the knowledge, least interested to apply it.
- Relating :Always relate the things Strengths& Weaknesses
- Doing : Successful peoples are always ‘Doers’ They enjoy the process of ‘doing’
- WHY AM I?
- WHY DO I LIVE ON THIS EARTH?
- WHAT DO I WANT FROM LIFE?
- PURPOSE OF LIFE
- To achieve happiness, mental peace, Satisfaction and success.
- BELIEFS OF PERSONALITIES
- Aggressive People’s Beliefs
- Submissive People’s Beliefs
- Passive People’s Beliefs
- WHO AM I?
- TRANSACTIONAL ANALYSIS
- P Parent Ego State
- A AdultEgoState
- C ChildEgoState
Transactional Analysis is one of the most accessible theories of modern psychology. Transactional Analysis was founded by Eric Berne, and the famous “parent-adult-child” theory is still being developed. Eric Berne’s Transactional Analysis theories will enrich your dealings with people and enhance your understanding of yourself.
Significantly, the original three ‘Adult’, ‘Parent’ and ‘Child’ components were sub-divided into nine sectors and are referred to as “modes”
- PARENTING PATTERNS
- AUTHORITARIAN (AGGRESSIVE)
- PERMISSIVE (SUBMISSIVE SOMETIMES OVERPROTECTIVE)
- UNINVOLVED (NEGLIGENCE AND REJECTION)
- AUTHORITATIVE (ASSERTIVE)
- A-B-C CONCEPT
- A (Action/event/Antecedent)
- B (Belief) = Perception + Acquisition+Past Experience + Practice
- C (Consequence) Physical, Behavioral, Emotional
- Things Within my control Beyond my control
- Beliefs are abstract subjective opinions coming from sub-conscious mind.
- Beliefs are as regards being, having, knowing, doing, Relating.
- THINKING ERRORS
- 7 ERRORS IN PARENTING
- COMMON BLOCKS
- Attitudinal Block
- Cognitive Block (Black & White thinking)
- Physiological Block
- Emotional Block
- Signatory Block (Over confidence)
- Health/ constitutional Block (Handicapped)
- Organizational Block
- Ego block (Experience, age, professional)
- Professional Block (Seniority, Status, position)
- Block of Roles (Relation, Boss, Director)
- Block of Economical status
- Block of Commanding Position
- Block of fear & acceptance
- Block of faith
- Block of prejudice
- Block of challenge, change and success
- What is self talk?
- Communication with self!
- Thoughts within mind.
- It is Multi-tracked, fast, contains happenings of past, Present & future.
- TWO TRACKS OF SELF TALK
- HARMFUL SELF TALK
- HELPFUL SELF TALK
Emotion is a force which gives rise to Behaviour. All emotions are natural. In ancient times there were 3 types of emotions identified behind particular behaviour.Behaviour Emotion
- Fighting Aggression
- Fright / freeze Depression
- Flight Anxiety try to suppress it
Emotions are always appropriate in the beginning but after continuous SELF-TALK they change or go towards inappropriateness. Don’t allow it to go towards inappropriate emotion but work on appropriate emotion & do effective emotional management .
- EXPECTATIONS & DEMANDS
“Beliefs are formed through expectations and demands”
- FEEDBACK & EVALUATION
An individual may be on evaluation track or feedback track while interacting with other.HOW TO SAY ‘NO’ WHILE SAYING ‘NO’
- DISPUTING TECHNIQUE
- 3 Stage of Disputing
- Detection – Of problem, emotion, self talk & beliefs
- Discriminate between harmful & helpful self-talk.
- Debating with harmful beliefs.
- Techniques of Disputing
- Laddering Method – What if it happens?
- Pragmatic Method (Evidence based)
- Extracting Goals.
- Challenging Rules. Challenge the rules of always, never or challenge his/her own rules.
- Direct Confrontation.
- To make the client face the reality through confrontation
- 3 Stage of Disputing
- DECISION MAKING
“Decision means ‘act of becoming committed permanently'”
- types of decisions
- Need based
- Threat based
- Major decision –
- Educational & intellectual
- Profession & Career
- Place of work
- Residential place
- Recreation & enjoyment
- Finance & investments
- Health related
- Having Children
- Emotion related
- Decision depends upon-
- Liking, enjoyment, interest
- ethical, moral values
- Information & facts
- Holistic decision (based on reality)
- Past experiences
- Reasons for becoming indecisive
- Values are not clear
- Values are not identified
- Multiple goals / Choices
- No motivation for achievement
- No responsibility of taking decision
- Fear of consequence
- Fear of change
- Lack of fulfilment
- Lack of patience
- No consistency
- Confusions / Conflicts
- Cannot control impulse
- Short term heroism
- Lack of time management
- Result oriented
- types of decisions
- GOAL SETTING
The goal is to decide the concrete task to achieve in action. Goal should be measurable, quantifiable & realistic.
- WHY GOALS?
- Goals for achievement
- Goals for earning & employment
- Goal for career
- Goal as a fun
- Goal for recreations & enjoyment
- Goal for lifetime mission
- Goal for life achievement
- What to do while setting Goals?
- Decide the Goal first
- Think on ‘clarity’ of Goals, Awareness of consequences
- Awareness of cost & Price to be paid
- Hypotheses the alternatives on reality basis
- Types of Goals
- Long Term Goal
- Short Term Goal
- Weekly Goals
- momentary Goals.
- Goal setting Depend on:
- Passionate interest or incidences in career
- Continuously doing till you die
- Gives you meaning and purpose to life
- It has to have some contribution to self & others
- Fulfilment of goal
- Alertness & awareness of freedom, rights and duties-
- There is some level of marketing
- Life time devotion
- Get happiness through all above.
- WHY GOALS?
“Assertiveness is the psychological independence in a relationship “An Assertive person is completely aware of following rights as regards to self & others:
- right to live happily
- right for any information
- right for discussion
- right for one’s own dignity (self-respect)
- right for freedom for survival
LIVE AND LET LIVE IS THE BASIC PRINCIPLE OF ASSERTIVENESS